Yalla China · Guide · Hospitals in China · Shantou Central Hospital (Shantou Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University)

Shantou Central Hospital (Shantou Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University)

汕头市中心医院(中山大学附属汕头医院)
📍 Shantou · Jinping 🏅 3A (Tertiary Grade A) general hospital; affiliated hospital of Sun Yat-sen University since 2005 🚑 24h emergency

ℹ️ Hospital info

🕐 Opening hoursOutpatient clinics from around 08:00 and from around 14:30; Emergency open 24h
🩺 DepartmentsInternal medicine, general surgery, cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, oncology, emergency — a full multi-specialty general hospital
🗣️ LanguagesService in Mandarin (with the local Teochew dialect); English is limited and there is no Arabic service — bring a companion or a translation app

Founded in October 1922, it is one of the oldest hospitals in the Chaoshan region. It took its present name, Shantou Central Hospital, in 1983 and in 2005 became an affiliated hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, which raised its specialist standards and linked it to Guangzhou consultants. It stands on Waima Road in Jinping District — the old city near the port and the trading streets that importers visit. Together with the First Affiliated Hospital of Shantou University Medical College it is the main referral centre for complex cases in eastern Guangdong.

📍 Address

No. 114 Waima Road, Jinping District, Shantou, Guangdong
Address in Chinese (for taxis): 广东省汕头市金平区外马路114号

🇨🇳 Inside China use Baidu or Amap; Google Maps needs a VPN.

🚇 Getting there

🚌
Bus

Several city bus routes stop at '市中心医院' on Waima Road; use Gaode/Baidu Maps for the exact route

🧭
From the city centre

From Chaoshan high-speed railway station or Jieyang Chaoshan Airport: taxi into central Shantou (about 40-60 minutes). Show the driver '汕头市中心医院 外马路114号'

💬 Medical phrases to show the doctor/pharmacist

Tap any phrase to copy the Chinese and show it to hospital or pharmacy staff.

Describing symptoms14
I'm sick, I feel pain here.
我生病了,这里疼。
I feel very unwell.
我很不舒服。
I have a bad cold.
我得了重感冒。
I have a fever.
我发烧了。
I have a terrible headache, please help.
我头疼得很厉害,请帮我。
I have diarrhea, please give me medicine.
我拉肚子,请给我开药。
I feel nauseous and want to vomit.
我恶心,想吐。
I have stomach/abdominal pain.
我胃疼/肚子疼。
I have chest pain and shortness of breath.
我胸疼,呼吸困难。
I feel dizzy and about to faint.
我头晕,快要晕倒了。
I have a toothache.
我牙疼。
I have a sore throat and a cough.
我嗓子疼,还咳嗽。
I'm injured here (I'll point).
我这里受伤了(我指给您看)。
This pain started two days ago.
这个疼痛是两天前开始的。
Chronic conditions & allergies9
I have diabetes and I'm low on insulin.
我有糖尿病,胰岛素不够了。
I have high blood pressure.
我有高血压。
I have a heart condition.
我有心脏病。
I have asthma.
我有哮喘。
I'm allergic to penicillin / some medicines.
我对青霉素/某些药物过敏。
I'm allergic to certain foods.
我对某些食物过敏。
I take this medicine daily (I'll show you).
我每天服用这个药(给您看)。
I am pregnant.
我怀孕了。
I need a prescription to refill my medication.
我需要处方来续配我的药。
At the pharmacy / asking for medicine9
I need a painkiller.
我要止痛药。
I need something for fever.
我要退烧药。
I need anti-diarrhea medicine.
我要止泻药。
I need cold and cough medicine.
我要感冒药和止咳药。
I need stomach medicine.
我要胃药。
I need an antibiotic (with prescription).
我要抗生素(凭处方)。
I need bandages and antiseptic.
我要创可贴和消毒液。
How do I take this medicine? How many times a day?
这个药怎么吃?一天几次?
Is this safe with my current medication?
这个药和我现在吃的药一起吃安全吗?
At the hospital / logistics8
Where is the emergency department?
急诊科在哪里?
I need a doctor who speaks English.
我需要一位会说英语的医生。
I want to register to see a doctor.
我要挂号看病。
How much does the visit and treatment cost?
看病和治疗要多少钱?
Can I pay by card or WeChat/Alipay?
可以刷卡或用微信/支付宝付款吗?
I need a medical report and receipt for insurance.
我需要诊断报告和发票用于保险。
Please call an Arabic interpreter if possible.
如果可以,请帮我叫一位阿拉伯语翻译。
Where is the nearest pharmacy?
最近的药房在哪里?
Emergency4
Help! Call an ambulance.
救命!请叫救护车。
This is an emergency.
这是紧急情况。
Someone is unconscious.
有人昏迷了。
I need urgent help.
我需要紧急帮助。

🛡️ Most public hospitals require payment first, then you claim from insurance. Keep every receipt (发票 fāpiào) and medical report. International travel/medical insurance is recommended; some International/VIP hospital departments bill insurers directly.